EDUCATION | TRANSFORMATION | GROWTH | HEALING
Safe Harbors: Reflect, recount, record, and reframe the stories
Safe Harbors offers community classes for adults from all walks of life, circumstances, races, and identities that “YOU are the hero in YOUR journey of life.” Through a step-by-step process, each person can gain the tools and resources necessary to help captain their own story and rise to the challenge of creating a future they can be excited about.
Our 12-Step evidence-based curriculum is designed to teach core values and life skills that are engaged in:
- Building Confidence
- Fostering Empowerment
- Inspiring Hope
- Discovering Resiliency
- Strengthening Relationships
- And more
For the last 12 years we have empowered individuals in various organizations to take the lead in their story.
We have worked with:
- Homeless Shelters
- Refugee Communities
- Criminal Justice Programs
- Community Outreach Organizations
Everything is technology-supported with all the resources you need to succeed no matter your learning environment!
- Flexible learning environment
- In-person learning with instruction
- Self-guided workbook
- Working with a mentor in guided learning format
- Future app development to increase content and support
- Guided mentor learning format
This community class for adults or any individual is taught in a way for anyone to learn the skills necessary to caption their story.
- Works with all demographics, all age groups, and all learning abilities
- Parents and children can all be working on this material at their learning level
- Book provides a reminder of the journey, their goals and dreams, while also providing a roadmap for the pattern to follow for the future
SAFE HARBOR PRINCIPLES
We hold a B.E.A.C.O.N. for individuals to captain their story by challenging them to take ownership of their past and coaching them to create a future they are excited about.
Practices and Strategies
The Hero's Journey - Joseph Campbell
Change Your Story - Stephanie Tolen
The Growth Mindset - Carol Dweck
Kindness Research - Nel Noddings
Drama Triangle - Stephen Karpman
The Brain Model - Dan Siegel
Maslow's Hierarch - Abraham Maslow
Learning DIP (or PIT) - James Nottingham
Circle of Control - Steven Covey
MESSAGES OF HOPE
“When I started the class I couldn’t even get dressed or accomplish the simplest of tasks. Now with these tools I’m working two jobs, thriving in my relationships and so much more. It has been absolutely TRANSFORMATIONAL!”
- Anna, 25
Click a link below to sign up for Safe Harbors community classes.